Description about More colour palette combinations v1.2 for No Mans Sky:
This mod attempts to allow for more varied colour combinations on different planets - lush and non-lush. This means you can get an oasis of trees in a sea of dead grass (see screenshots)
This does not change how the game generates planets, only the grass colour (for lush planets) and the biome flora colours (for non-lush planets)
1.0 - initial release
1.1 - added image noise to the palette and corrected blurring. Biomes should look smoother and varied. Parts of the colour spectrum were left out.
- Added blue, yellow and navy green into the palette +
- Desaturated some yellow colours which were too vibrant and hurt the eyes (yellow grass looked horrible before this) *
- Added noise to the colour palette. This makes planets a little more random, but smoothed out the biomes *
- Added the plant palette into the palette list +
- Added water into the palette list +
- Converted file type from .dds (Alpha interpolation) to .dds (Explicit alpha), improving quality and brightness of terrain *
- Brought back white grass for snowy planets (like frosty, frozen grass) +
- Black, oily grass removed for dead planets. It looks out of place, and grass shouldn't be black in such a colourful game -
- Added terrain colour modification (terrain colour will be changed and more varied for planet types! +
- On lush planets, removing the mod will revert the colour changes, and you will not longer be faced with texture-less grass *
- Fog colour now steers towards matching the sky colour (red sky, pink fog) using Skycolour + 100, 100, 100, 1 (RGBA) = Fogcolour *
- Added compatability for Mountains mod, Fog Enhanced mod, and varius ReShade presets. +
Key: + means an addition, * means something was fixed, - means something was removed
BOTH FILES ARE COMPATIBLE TOGETHER!
Place one or both of the .pak files into your PCBANKS folder.
Lush only: Only changes the grass colour for the Lush biomes
Non lush: Changes the flora on planets other than lush ones - this includes using flora from lush planets, but only 1 type at a time (instead of 0)
Here's the new terrain update! Mountains will have differently coloured tops depending on how high up they are. Compatible with MOUNTAINS mod.