ROBOT HOME DEFENCE
You spend a lot of time wandering into other people's houses and being shot at by robots. Why not copy them? Robot Home Defence adds a broad range of robots you can add to defend your settlements, from enemies as diverse as Raiders and Mirelurks to sickness and sobriety.
With ranks in Robotics Expert, a Fusion Core and a little elbow-grease you can build:
- Protectrons, Mister Gutsies, Assaultrons and Sentry Bots to defend your settlement!
- Emergency Services Protectrons and Mister Handies/Miss Nannies that offer lower defence but boost settlement happiness!
- Utility Protectrons who can scavenge for parts just like the scavenging station!
- Once you've completed the Drinking Buddy quest, Protectron Brewers can supply your settlements with food and water!
- After a certain story mission, Generation 1 and Generation 2 synth settlers can be built!
Once you've built robot defences, you can have them escort you as you defend the Commonwealth:
- They'll fast travel with you
- They take commands and share inventory
- They return to their home settlement when dismissed
- You can have any number at once
- You can control which ranged weapons they'll use
You can also build wrench upgrades that'll let you heal and repair your robots out in the field. Plus, give your Protectrons a delightful pod to sleep in.
Robots also increase in power as you improve your crafting perks:
- Blacksmith adds HP
- Armourer adds DR & E
- Gun Nut adds physical damage
- Science! adds energy damage
RHD is incompatible with any other mods that add new categories to the 'Defences' list in the Workbench (i.e. ones other than Guard Posts, Turrets and Traps). It is incompatible with other mods that edit Robotics Expert- you will not get the 'Terminal' functionality.
It is compatible with Homemaker, SSEx and Robot Guardians- no clashing changes occur.
It is compatible with Settlement Keywords, via a patch.
If you find a mod that it's incompatible with, and make a patch, I'll add it to the downloads page. I don't make compatibility patches for mods I don't use.
If you run into errors where the robots don't show up in the Workshop, you may have hit the build category limit. Try disabling another mod that edits categories or changing their load order. If you'd like to free up some of the category limit *without* losing your robots, enable the Build Blocker optional .esp.
3rd PARTY EXPANSIONS AND TRANSLATIONS
Robot Home Defence Expanded by sgtcal10: Adds simple, cut-down versions of the high tier robots
Robot Home Defence Addon by Karel2015: Changes bot level scaling, adds mini-bots and more.
Italian translation by Lexor91
French translation by Kyrian35
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
"Just a heads up, it's spelt 'Defense'"
Do robot defences count towards settlement population cap?
No. Go hog wild! Synths who act as settlers *do* count, currently. I'm trying to find a way around that.