Manual Transmission & Steering Wheel Support v4.3.3 for GTA 5 game.
This mod will enable manual transmission for vehicles, using the games' real gear box! This means real gears - not speed capping. There are plenty of features to emulate how real transmissions work.
It’s highly recommended to play with this mod using a controller or a wheel.
Steering Wheel Support for GTA V
With manual transmission enabled, you'll want to be able to properly control your vehicle. By default, GTA V doesn't support steering wheels. Solutions like X360CE only emulate a controller, and the game will miss definition and force feedback for wheels. For this, a large part of this mod is made to support wheels, natively! A few features:
- all DirectInput compatible steering wheels supported (since 4.0)
- force feedback is fully supported
- multiple input devices supported (since 4.2.0)
- 1:1 mapping of steering wheel to vehicle front wheels
- Real gears!
- Dynamic top gear detection
- Realistic input mapping with working clutch
- Engine and transmission effects
- Support for all land-based engine-powered vehicles
- Fully configurable
- HUD with speed, RPM and shift mode
- Sequential, automatic and manual gearbox choices
- Controller, keyboard and wheel input support
- Seamless input device switching
- DirectInput Steering Wheel support
- FiveM support! (client side)
There's much more inside, so take a look!
Put Gears.asi and the folder ManualTransmission in your GTA V folder (overwrite when asked)
Read the README and configure the mod to your preferences with the in-game menu.
Use the in-game menu. Options should be obvious. You might want to keep the README as reference.
Tested in game version v1.0.944